You can manage Chrome's safety and security with Safety Check. Safety Check searches for:
- Compromised passwords
- Safe browsing status
- Available Chrome updates
On a computer, Safety Check also searches for:
- Harmful extensions
- Harmful software (Windows only)
Important: Compromised passwords were involved in data leaks on a third-party website or app. Change any compromised passwords as soon as you can.
Automatic Chrome updates
Tip: To relaunch Chrome after an update, follow the instructions on screen.
Manage Chrome safety and security on an Android device
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
- Tap More Settings.
- Tap Safety Check Check now.
- If Chrome finds any issues:
- Tap the item with the issue.
- Follow the instructions on screen.